Seasonal Tune-ups will help lower utility bills and protect your equipment
It's April and you probably haven’t turned on your AC unit, but you will soon. A professional spring air conditioner tune-up will keep your cooling system working efficiently all summer long. You’ll save money on your energy bills, and you can rest assured that your home will stay comfortable no matter how hot it gets! A comprehensive inspection from HVAC service professionals at A+B is the best way to ensure that the system remains in top functioning order during the hot summer.
At A+B, we recommend having your AC unit serviced every year in spring or early summer. An A+B HVAC technician can inspect, clean, test and repair most brands of AC units. We have the experience and training to find and fix any issues before they become big problems, so you won’t have to worry about your cooling system breaking down at the height of summer. Regular preventive maintenance will help ensure a long life for your HVAC system.
Other benefits include:
- Improved energy efficiency
- Keep dust and dirt out of your air conditioning equipment and your home
- Quieter operation when the AC unit is running
- Avoid expensive AC equipment repair or replacement
- Keep your air conditioner cooling all summer
When you schedule a Cooling Tune-up, we will provide the following:
- Lubricate all moving parts, for example the blower motor and condenser fan.
- Install gauges, record operating pressures and temperatures.
- Evaluate condition of air filters. Clean and replace with customer-supplied filter.
- Measure refrigerant super heat to fine-tune its efficiency.
- Flush condensate drain to protect against overflow.
- Clean outdoor condenser coil.
- Check blower motor (and belt if applicable)
- Test "temperature drop" at return and supply air. Adjust blower speed.
- Safety test all controls for proper operation.
- Meter voltage and amperage in all motors. Test for worn bearings.
- Test operation and condition of compressor contacts.
- Inspect start and run capacitors, relays for bulges, rust, leaks.
- Tighten and safety test all wires and connections.
- Clean thermostat and confirm proper operation, include mercury bulb.
- Inform customer of equipment condition. Inform on conservation measures to save money. Recommend necessary repairs.
When you schedule a Heating Tune-up, we will provide the following:
- Clean burners and inspect heat exchanger.
- Clean and adjust the thermostat.
- Lubricate all motors, bearings.
- Clean and adjust pilot assembly.
- Drain expansion tank or install customer-supplied air filters.
- Test and adjust the pressure regulator.
- Test and adjust the operation of safety and operating controls.
- Inspect flue pipe and draft diverter.
- Monitor for combustion leaks.
- Test gas valve operation.
- Check blower motor (and belt if applicable.)
- Test and tighten all wiring and connections.
- Adjust burner for maximum efficiency.
- Turn exposed dampers to a heating position if marked (no balancing)
- Inform customer of equipment condition. Inform on conservation measures to save money. Recommend necessary repairs or replacement as needed.
Contact A+B today about a Tune-up!